Pediatric Occupational Therapy
The term “occupation” is often associated with jobs performed by adults. However, there is a broader view of “occupations” that include children’s activities, such as playing, learning and socializing with friends. At Kids Unlimited Learning Academy, we help children learn these necessary skills so their transition into adulthood becomes a path to an independent and rewarding life. Our pediatric occupational therapists provide evaluation, intervention, and consultation in the following areas:
- Fine motor skills (grasping, cutting, handwriting, etc.)
- Organizing and planning motor skills
- Self-help and hygiene (feeding, dressing, washing hands, brushing teeth, etc.)
- Play and socialization skills
- Vestibular (movement and balance) skills
- Visual perception skills
- Hand-eye coordination
- Sensory integration and modulation
- Adaptive equipment modifications
- Environmental adaptations
Is Your Child On Track?
How your child plays, learns, speaks and acts offer important clues about his development.
Do you have questions about your child’s development? View our milestone checklist to see if your child is where he/she should be at this stage in their development.
Still have concerns? Complete the form below to contact our staff to discuss your concerns, schedule a tour of our facility, or make an appointment to speak with our staff.